As a business owner, you probably already know that it’s important to tailor your marketing strategies to your target demographic. But what you may not know is that the way you market to one demographic in particular could predict the success of your company.
The demographic we’re talking about is millennials. Independent, tech-savvy, and wise to the standard marketing ploys, the way your business markets to this generation is more important than you think. Here are five ways your next strategy should market to millennials:
- Focus on mobile. About 85% of consumers aged 15-35 own cell phones, and they’re not just used to make calls anymore. Out of every 10 mobile searches, nine of those lead to consumer action, and more than half go on to become sales. So make your mobile campaigns, websites, and social media platforms your priority. Ensure that your company’s mobile site is engaging, easy to read, and simple to navigate. Millennials equate quality with visual aesthetics. Make an effort to see that their mobile experience with your platforms or campaigns are positive, and your business will reap the rewards.
- Be creative. You’ve seen how fast viral videos make the rounds online. The Internet truly is millennials’ home field. Once a few people share something, the domino effect takes place among their friends, and their friends’ friends, and so forth. Don’t settle for the typical corporate marketing ploy; many millennials are both immune to and cynical of them by now. Working with a company who knows this demographic is key. Your business is unique and millennials like to think of themselves as unique. Your marketing strategies to them should be, then, unique as well.
- Get personal. If your company doesn’t offer a function in which users can rate, comment, or share experiences about your services or products, you’re behind. Connect with your millennial audience by providing these tools, and it’s a win-win: They’ll feel like their opinions matter, and you’ll get valuable feedback and exposure.
- Be straightforward. Millennials are no fools when it comes to marketing – they know who wants their business, and they know just how powerful of a consumer demographic they are. Don’t try to hoodwink them with any intricate, backhanded marketing strategies. Be straightforward – what does your company do? What services do you offer? How can they benefit? This transparency is invaluable to the millennial generation.
- Do your research. What do millennials in your area value most from a company? How can you distinguish yourself from other companies vying for their attention? Millennials like to feel unique and different and as if their patronization matters. If you know what’s important to your demographic, you’re much more likely to know how to fit that bill, and ultimately, win their loyalty.
At METIK Marketing, we know how to tailor your business’ marketing strategies to the millennial demographic. Give us a call today at 844.446.3845 to see how we can help you. To stay up-to-date and in-the-know, don’t forget to “like” our Facebook page.