Flowers are blooming, grass is turning green again, the weather’s finally warming up – spring has sprung, and (depending on where you live) the evidence is all around.
As the seasons change, it’s a good idea for your tax office to change, too – at least when it comes to marketing. Here are some fresh marketing ideas to usher in the springtime!
· Capitalize on the holidays. Mother’s Day, Easter, and Passover are just a few springtime holidays that lend themselves well to marketing campaigns and strategies. Offering discounts or special deals for mothers is a great way for your office to show appreciation for the moms in your community. The Easter and Passover holidays are also traditionally a time when many businesses advertise limited-time rates or prices.
· Be color-conscious. Nothing says spring like the right colors. Pastel shades of green, yellow, blue, pink, and purple can spruce up your office and brighten your clients’ day. You can also easily work these colors into your marketing materials by updating your flyers, window displays, and brochures with a seasonal color palette.
· Show your support for Mother Nature. Earth Day is April 22, and there’s no better way to show your commitment to our planet and its natural resources than to go green. Send your clients an email blast to let them know that in honor of Earth Day, your office will be transitioning to a paperless system. You can also get involved in the community by hosting a tree-planting celebration for a few hours on a Saturday morning – and if you really want to kick up the interest, offer a discount on a service or product for everyone who shows up to help. You’ll help the environment, generate buzz, and connect with your clients – it’s a homerun!
· Make the most of the outdoors. After being cooped up all winter, take advantage of the breezy spring weather with an outdoor event. Anything is game – a chili cook-off, a community softball game (where you can partner with another local business), or an Easter egg hunt for the kids are all easy ways to enjoy the weather and advertise your office at the same time. Don’t forget the branded t-shirts!
· Spring = renewal. Renewal is a major springtime theme – with the flowers blooming, baby animals being born, and the longer, sunnier hours, it’s hard to miss. Reach out to your clients to let them know about your limited-time renewal incentive – there’s a special discount in it for them if they renew with your business now. Spring is the season of new starts, and it’s practically tailor-made to help your office succeed.
Spring is here, and that means it’s out with the old and in with the new. METIK Marketing has more than a decade of experience in the tax industry, and we’re ready to put that experience to work for your company today. For more fresh takes on springtime marketing strategies, and to find out how our team can help your office start anew this spring, contact us at 844.446.3845.
It happens to even the most experienced entrepreneurs – you think you’re doing everything right, but your email marketing campaigns just aren’t taking off like you’d hoped. So where are you going wrong?
Luckily, when it comes to email marketing, it’s easy to tell where you need help. Take a look at our tips for a successful email marketing campaign:
· Know your purpose. If you begin an email marketing campaign with no discernable purpose other than “to get more customers” or “to make more money,” it’s time to dig a little deeper. Consider your target audience. What are their needs? What’s valuable or meaningful to them? When you keep your clients in mind, it shows, and you’re more likely to get the results you want. Knowing your purpose will also help you to self-edit as you go, and it’ll help coordinate the rest of your message, from the subject line to the call to action.
· Keep your subject line catchy. If you’re looking to improve your email marketing results, take a look at your subject lines. There are three elements that make a stellar subject line – starting with length.
- It should be no longer than 50 characters. That may feel constricting, but brevity is always better than rambling. (Besides, when’s the last time you read an email subject line past the first handful of words?)
- The next element is urgency. Your readers should feel that they need to act immediately in order to take advantage of whatever it is you’re offering. “One day only” or “Until midnight” subject lines inspire fast action. Without urgency, readers will think they can just go back to your email later, and they’ll usually just forget about it completely.
- The last element is personalization. Use your clients’ names at the beginning of subject lines to encourage them to open your messages. Everyone likes seeing their name in print!
· What’s the text-to-image ratio? Opening an email and hitting a huge wall of text is a sure-fire way to automatically lose your readers’ interest. Solid blocks of text are overwhelming, unwelcoming, and just plain boring. Spice up your email marketing with graphics! Images draw the eye, and as the saying goes, a picture’s worth a thousand words. Make sure your graphics speak for themselves.
· Make sure you end on a call to action. This is the end goal of your message. What do you want readers to do after reading your email? Whatever it is, make it clear and unmistakable. “Click now to browse our latest deals!” or “Get 20% off when you call today!” give the customer direction and show them what to do next.
Email marketing is a core piece of any company’s success. If your business’ email marketing campaign could use a boost, give us a call today at 844.446.3845. Our team is ready to help get your email marketing on track. To stay up-to-date and in-the-know, don’t forget to “like” our Facebook page.
Congratulations! After much hard work and anticipation, your business is ready to debut its new mobile app. It’s streamlined, efficient, intuitive, and you’re confident that it’s just the thing you need to take your company to the next level.
So…what happens now?
The next step is the most fun, but it can also be the most work – marketing. Of course you want everyone to know about your company’s latest addition, but how can you market your app without breaking the bank? Here are our top, totally free tips:
· Create a demo video. Whether it’s a six-second long Vine or a more in-depth YouTube tutorial, going through your app feature by feature is a great way to familiarize clients with your new tool. A demo video may also help you attract new customers, since the more content your business distributes online, the more likely it is you’ll reach more of your target audience. The video doesn’t have to be long or overly detailed; a few minutes of basic demonstration should be more than enough to get your audience interested.
· Make sure there’s a QR code. QR codes are bar codes that, when scanned with a smartphone, takes the user directly to either the Android or Apple app store, where they can download your app. You can put a QR code on virtually anything, from business cards to flyers to websites, and everything in between. Include your app’s QR code on a few of your company’s marketing materials for a sure-fire way to score some downloads.
· Prioritize it on your website. You can also make a website specifically for the app itself, but there’s nothing wrong with advertising it on your company’s main website. Put it on your homepage and it’ll be the first thing visitors see.
· Send a message out to your emailing list. This is exactly what emailing lists are for. Spread the good news to your clients with a short, concise email that gives them the rundown of the app, tells them how it’ll help them, and provides download instructions.
· Write a blog post about it. If your website has its own blog, there’s no better place to post about your new app. You can provide your own thoughts, share how you hope the app will benefit your clients, and invite them to leave comments about their experiences.
· Promote it on social media. Don’t neglect Facebook and Twitter. Update your pages consistently with details about your new app. You can also make a separate fan page for your app and invite friends to “like” it. Social media is also a great place to post those QR codes!
Creating an app is only half the battle. The other half, marketing, doesn’t have to be difficult. Let our team at METIK help you spread the word about your new app. Contact us at 844.446.3845 today to get started!
For most of us, the phrase “spring cleaning” conjures up images of hours spent decluttering closets, mopping floors, and cleaning out cabinets. But spring cleaning isn’t just reserved for housework – your business can benefit from it, too. Here’s how to jump into the spring cleaning spirit in four easy steps:
· Re-evaluate goals. As your business changes, so should its goals. Start by looking over your goals from the previous year. Did your business meet them? If not, are those goals still applicable to your business’ current status? What do you need to change in order to meet them this year? Next, consider what you’d like to accomplish in the upcoming year. What does your business need to do in order to reach those expectations? Does it require an updated marketing plan? A renovation to your office? Hiring new blood? If you need help re-evaluating and planning for the upcoming year, consider setting up a meeting with your employees. You can discuss your goals for the company and listen to their ideas as well.
· Review your marketing plans. How has your business changed over the past year, and how have your goals for your business changed? Figuring this out will help you identify how to adjust your marketing plan to meet those new goals.
· Update your online presence. Take a closer look at your company’s website and its social media accounts. Does your online presence accurately reflect your company as it currently is – including its brand, target audience, and services? Are your social media accounts active? Paying attention to the details of your online presence can make a significant difference in how your company will grow in the upcoming year.
· Review customer satisfaction. Since they’re at the receiving end of your products and services, your clients are often best equipped to put a finger on what your business could improve on. Send out a satisfaction survey to gauge what your company is doing well and how you could do better. (By sending it via email, and offering an incentive for completion, such as a discount or coupon, you’re more likely to get a greater number of responses.)
Spring cleaning isn’t just for your home – your business can benefit, too. For more tips on how to prepare your company for another year of growth and success, and for help implementing these changes, get in touch with our team at METIK Marketing. We’ll help you come up with a new marketing strategy, set up social media accounts, and design a customized website just for your company. Contact us at 844.446.3845 today to see what else we can do for you.
*Bonus tip: Literally clean your office. You’d be surprised what a change a clean office area can make, both for your employees and your clients.
It’s not always easy for a small business to stand out these days. For every one client, it feels like there are at least ten companies all clamoring for their business – and every year, it just seems to get worse.
Attending a trade show may seem like a sure-fire way to attract new clients and boost revenue, but it takes more than just showing up to be successful. Check out these three easy things you can do to make your next trade show your best yet:
These days, it seems like digital marketing is all the craze. Marketing magazines frequently publish articles about the importance of maintaining a social media presence. Websites catering to small businesses are constantly running pieces on how to up your email marketing game.
Starting a new business is overwhelming. Your to-do list seems never-ending. Your costs, despite your best efforts, seem to rise every day. And as if that’s not enough, you have no idea how to get the word out about your new company.